my dear friend Anne, from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen posted a new recipe for a Salmon, Corn and Cucumber salad that looks delicious! I haven't had the opportunity to make it myself but I get a little hungry just looking at it! Anne is always posting new creative recipes and is a foodie through and through. If she says it's good then it's GOLDEN. You could always use wild salmon as well, or even a canned tuna, depending on what you had on-hand. With summer coming to and end you better use up that fresh corn while you can!
- 2 cups leftover corn (from 3-4 cobs; could use frozen and thawed corn)
- 1 cup diced cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 6-ounce can wild salmon, drained and flaked with a fork
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Taste for seasoning. You may wish to add an extra tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
This sounds like the perfect summer salad to me! Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Eat well. Live well. Be well.