oh. my. goodness. I'm obsessed with this protein smoothie recipe. it's becoming a daily post-workout staple.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie Recipe:
- 10-15 ice cubes
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
** I use Jay Robb's egg white protein powder - no wheat, no dairy!!
- 3/4 c. soy milk (can be substituted for whole, skim or almond)
- 3/4 c. 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 banana (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 TBSP. flaxseed, milled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- a heavy dash of pumpkin pie spice OR individual dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
Blend it all together. Add water for a thinner consistency. Pour and enjoy!! It makes a hefty serving so share with a friend or save some for later!! De-lic-ious. I've even prepared this the night before, popped it in the fridge, and made it an on-the-go breakfast!
Try it. Dare you. If you're one of those seasonal junkies, you'll love it. You know what...even if you're the grinch you'll love it.
Eat well. Live well. Be well.