I'm not sure where you are geographically, but those of us in Lancaster, PA are enjoying a snow day today! What's better than a warm cup of sweet cocoa on a cold, snowy day? How about adding peanut butter to the mix!? I mean who isn't obsessed with peanut butter!? Throw on your wool socks, blend this chocolaty treat together and cozy on up with the family. The best part about this recipe - you get 28 whopping grams of protein in one serving.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2-3 TBSP of cocoa powder (depending on how much of a chocoholic you are)
- 6 oz of plain Chobani Greek yogurt (you can also use vanilla)
- 3/4 c. milk (unsweetened almond, coconut or soy milk can be substituted)
- 2 TBSP. of PB2 or 1 TBSP. peanut butter
- 1 TBSP. honey, maple syrup or agave
** if you prefer, you can substitute 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder for 1 TBSP cocoa and honey
Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until thick and smooth. You may need to stop and stir/scrape down the sides of the blender a few times. For a thicker consistency, add a few ice cubes. For a thinner consistency, add more milk or water. If you're feeling reaaaaally naughty, you can drizzle some chocolate syrup on top (as illustrated). Pour it in a mug and cozy up by the fire! Protein PB cocoa in a cup!
Eat well. Live well. Be well.