1. A 20oz bottle of Coca-Cola has more sugar than a large Cinnabon. 2. Drying fruit depletes 30-80% of its nutrient content.
3. Grass-fed beef contains 2-5x more Omega-3s (the good stuff) than it's grain-fed counterparts.
4. Grain-fed beef has an Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio that's 5x higher than grass-fed beef. Omega 6s promote inflammation, heart disease, cancer and other degenerative diseases.
5. Free range cage-free eggs have 1/3 less cholesterol, 1/4 less saturated fat, 2x more Omega-3s, 3x more vitamin E and 7x more beta-carotene than the commercially produced variety.
6. In 2011 29.9 million lbs. of antibiotics were sold in the US for meat + poultry production - nearly 4x the 7.7 million lbs. sold to treat sick humans.
7. In an average day Chipotle uses 97,000 lbs. of avocados, using 70 avocados for a single batch of guacamole.
8. On average, gluten-free foods are 242% more expensive than regular food products.
9. A 14 year long study found that diet soda drinkers were 60% more likely to develop Type II Diabetes compared to those who drink an equal amount of regular soda.
10. Aspartame + MSG - chemicals found in many processed foods - are exitotoxins, which cause neurons in the brain to excite themselves to death. Evidence suggests that they promote cancer growth and it's propensity to spread.
11. Many frozen dinners contain more than several days worth of sodium. For example, the Hungry Man turkey dinner lists salt 9 separate times on the ingredient list and contains more than 5,400mg of sodium (over 2 days worth)!
12. There's as much sugar in half a cup of Prego's tomato sauce as there is in…three Oreo's (two whole TBSPs). Sugar is listed as the second ingredient, after tomatoes.
13. Cheez Whiz does not list cheese as an ingredient.
14. Corn dextrin, a common thickener used in junk food is also used as the glue on envelops and postage stamps.
Just thought you should know! Don't be an uneducated consumer. Know what you're feeding your bodies and serving your children. Because you really are what you eat.
Eat well. Live well. Be well.